Low-ceiling, pipe run with P-trap adjustment feasible?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fetterfly

Reaction score
Hi Guys, normally a lurker but this one has me stumped. I have a downstairs bathroom reno with a very low ceiling. I have an existing run from my upstairs shower and sink, which then connects to my awkwardly located stack. It currently exists outside of the wall and below the ceiling. I'd like to move the pipe runs to above the wall, and embedded in the ceiling.

My main concern is the P-trap, and probably avoiding siphon from the sink. I'm wondering if I can rotate the existing P-trap, elevate the shower drain run to above the wall and in the ceiling so I can avoid an annoying space consuming bulkhead? I do not intend to raise the p-trap itself, just the exit piping so I'm assuming the water seal would remain. I've tried to mark up the attached photos to indicate what I'm trying to do.

Thanks so much for any of your time to read and think about my post. I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Current Situation:
uc

Desired Piping re-arrangements
uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

Back