Looking for plumbing product feedback

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pricepal-automation

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a university student who's been working on a new product for a family member who's a plumber, and I figured it may be useful to more companies than just his. Not trying to advertise it, just looking to make it better.

It's essentially (for now) a tool to pull prices for parts off of websites (like home depot, amazon, supply house) and put them into your spreadsheet so that every time you go to make an estimate or financial model, you can have up to date prices, do price comparisons before you buy, etc.

Anyways, I was looking to talk to more plumbers, specifically those who deal with spreadsheets in their weekly work! I would love to know about what tasks take a long time, are repetitive, annoying, etc. so that I can try to make this product as useful as possible. Would also love to get feedback on the current form of the price check tool.

If anyone's interested in a ~15 minute zoom or phone conversation in the next few weeks, reply here or message me! I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks

There are great pricing services already in the industry. They stay updated when subscribed to.
Still, sounds interesting if it were low cost as I suspect small shops may not subscribe to the excellent services already out there.
I am not in need as I am mostly retired.

I dont know that many plumbers really use spread sheets, most if working for a company that is not theirs, dont care about prices. They just purchase and pass the cost plus some on to the invoice.

Back