looking for help with kitchen sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heebie

Reaction score
Hi
My sink has been draining slow. So i got some draino that did not help, then i tried to take off the p trap. Turned off the water to the house removed the p trap and water came pouring out of the wall where the p trap was attached to the next pipe. The sink was plugged with a stopper so the water seems too be coming not from the sink but the other way. I filled 4 buckets and it just kept coming re attached the p trap and back to square one. I looked at the drain closer as it was draining seems water goes down and then comes back up and stops at the drain hole. Im not a plumber maybe i am missing something seems like a stright forward thing to change out. Any ideas on what is causing this would be great thanks all

Last edited:
The vertical pipe in the wall drops into a larger pipe at a lower level (probably in the crawl space or basement). This is the clogged line. You need to snake it out. Make sure you are wearing rubber gloves and eye protection since you used Drano in the lines.

Hi! My sink doesn't draining water thoroughly. What should I do to remove some thing that's blocking on it? Is there a chemical or cleaning material to keep the water from draining? Should I replace something?

When a drain line is plugged don't use chemicals, not only do they not work but they are very dangerous to who ever has to eventually snake the line.

John

I think everyone here will agree with John. Chemicals are a terrible idea. You can pick up a small DIY snake for the cost of a couple containers of Draino. It will last forever and clear any common clog in the house.

Back