Looking for help on kitchen faucet ID and/or how to repair

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anauburnfan

Reaction score
Hi, new member here. I have been trying to find answers searching online, but ran out of ideas for how to search. Anyway, I have a kitchen faucet that leaks. I do not know what brand and I cannot find any markings even after removing the faucet from the sink. Except for a symbol or logo that looks like a V inside a circle (second picture very faint). Also, the sprayer has a WV style logo on the backside of the sprayer actuator (third picture). Water is leaking out the top where handle moves around the ball that I guess is retained by that top ring on the vertical section. I cannot figure out how to get that top ring off. I assume that is what I need to unscrew, but I cannot figure out how without causing damage to the finish. There is a set screw on the back of the handle, but it does not seem to do anything if loosened at this point (picture 4). I assume it is for removing the handle after the ring is removed. Does anyone have an idea of the manufacturer of this faucet or any tips for taking it apart to fix the leak?

Thanks, I would appreciate any pointers at all.

Attachments

• 20240121_155058.jpg
    20240121_155058.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240121_155109.jpg
    20240121_155109.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240121_155123.jpg
    20240121_155123.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240121_155902.jpg
    20240121_155902.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 0
WaterWorks, pretty sure. It is a "luxury brand" that many plumbers would refuse to work on due to difficulty of parts access and time consuming if not impossible disassembly.
But they say:

Technical Support​

Our comprehensive support teams and technical documents offer professional designers and contractors the precise tools needed to specify, install and service our products.

Tell us how it works out.

Thanks so much for the lead, but I figured 18 years was enough for that faucet. I just went ahead and bought a different one. However, the new one presents a challenge that i need some more help with. The faucet is fine, but the sprayer holder on the new one does not have threads long enough to go through the granite countertops and the undermount sink. the threaded portion i am supposed to tighten with the plastic nut under the sink is just almost flush with the bottom of the undermount sink. Is there a way to add some length to the sprayer base? Or some type of nut that can slide up into the hole to reach the threads?

I had to use a hole saw in order to cut the plywood underlayment under the granite before installing one of my faucets. You may need to do the same.

Thanks so much for the lead, but I figured 18 years was enough for that faucet. I just went ahead and bought a different one. However, the new one presents a challenge that i need some more help with. The faucet is fine, but the sprayer holder on the new one does not have threads long enough to go through the granite countertops and the undermount sink. the threaded portion i am supposed to tighten with the plastic nut under the sink is just almost flush with the bottom of the undermount sink. Is there a way to add some length to the sprayer base? Or some type of nut that can slide up into the hole to reach the threads?
That would be brand specific if it were available. What brand faucet and model did you purchase ? You could contact the manufacturer directly.

Thank you for the quick and helpful replies.

As mentioned, it is not a standard english/imperial pipe size. Maybe metric, maybe totally non-standard. Either way, Lowes did not have any pipe fittings that would fit it, even though they did have extension pieces in standard pipe sizes.

I bought a pvc T that i could almost screw this thing into. Came home and heated it up with a lighter to soften it up for a temp fix.

Hole saw would work, but I would have to cut through the undermounted sink rather than plywood. Apparently I dont have underlayment anyway. I could try this method, but I don't think I could get drill motor close enough or I would have to buy some long extension for the hole saw.

I will contact the manufacturer as suggested. Faucet is Pioneer brand. No idea about the brand, but other than this one hiccup, the faucet seems nice, and the installation was fairly easy. Much easier than taking out the one that was leaking.

Thanks again for the help.

Back