Looking for a particular Waltec tub shower adapter (or at least a connector)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Rich_

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I'm Rich from Canada.

My mom bought a condo a while back. It was constructed in the 1980s. The main bathroom has a Waltec corner tub with 6 water jets. The tub seems to have a receptacle where you'd plug in a shower hose attachment, but no hose came with her apartment.

The tub has this weird shower connector. It's shown in the last pic in the photo gallery below. I've been to all the local hardware stores but nobody's seen anything like it.

https://imgur.com/a/4v3ct0t

I'm guessing the connector is unusual because the shower accessory is meant to be powered by the same pump that drives the water jets, as opposed to the city water pressure? It has no threading so maybe the connector's like those pneumatic ones where you have to pull on a spring-loaded sleeve as you insert it?

Any ideas what this kind of connector is called? Or where I might be able to buy a hose that plugs in here? I've sent an email to Waltec Canada, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I figured I might as well ask here while I'm waiting.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

I believe what you are looking at is an air adjustment control.
It controls the amount of air that the jets suck in for small or large jet bubbles.

I believe what you are looking at is an air adjustment control.
It controls the amount of air that the jets suck in for small or large jet bubbles.

Thank you. Someone on another forum said the same. I guess I'll be shopping for a shower head she can plug onto the faucet. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back