Looking for a particular type of valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper77

Reaction score
For a pet project I'm working on I need a small valve, maybe 1/4" or so with one input and two outputs that alternates between the two outputs with every half or quarter turn and can be continuously turned in a single direction. Does anyone know of a particular valve that does this? A link to purchase would also be extremely helpful.

But that would still only give me a single output, I need two outputs. So the liquid would flow from the input to output A then the valve is turned clockwise a quarter turn and now the liquid flows from the input to output B, another quarter turn clockwise and the liquid flows from the input to output A again and so on.

But that would still only give me a single output, I need two outputs. So the liquid would flow from the input to output A then the valve is turned clockwise a quarter turn and now the liquid flows from the input to output B, another quarter turn clockwise and the liquid flows from the input to output A again and so on.

did you bother to look at the ,link?

I apologize, I must have glossed over it. However after looking into the three way ball valve it seems that it wouldn't work for me. The valve I need would have to alternate between the two outputs with the same degree of rotation each time so like every 1/4 or 1/6 turn the output would alternate. As can be seen in the attached image using a ball valve the out put would change with 1/4 turn but the valve would require 3/4 turns to return to the original position.

3-Way-Ball-Valve.jpg

What aplication are you using it for. Just curious.

I'm working on a design for a better internal combustion engine, I'm still working out a few details but I'm getting close to building a prototype, hopefully it works as well as I think it will.

Thank you. Sorry, I'm too paranoid to talk about specific details.

Latest posts

Back