leaky shower head

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rworthendeavors

Reaction score
So I dont really know much at all about plumbing so instead of referring to everything as a "thingy" or "doo-dad" im going to try to post some pictures of what i am looking at.

Basically, I am trying to stop a leak from the shower head. From what i understand, the problem can be "oh so easily solved" by simply replacing the valve-thingy doo-dad inside the handle area.

so I was able to take off the handle and the "faceplate" easily enough, along with the collar.. but unlike any video i saw online stating how easy the next step is, i come across a plastic doohickey (oh, i forgot about doohickies) that prevents me from access to the valve "thingamabob"

This is what I am looking at... can anyone tell me what to do next???
IMG_20120205_163725-1.jpg

IMG_20120205_163719-1.jpg

IMG_20120205_163714.jpg

i was also able to remove the hot water restrictor and a metal screw.. thing

IMG_20120205_163947.jpg

I am pretty sure (not 100%, but close) that you have a Price Pfister valve. If I am correct, you will have to carefully cut some more of the fiberglass wall from around the cartridge. There should be several (I seem to recall 3) screws back there that you will need to remove to get the cartridge out.

Back