Leaking from the ceiling

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karmacheema

Reaction score
Ok so we got our first freeze and of course the hose was left on the spigot outside and it froze causing the pipe to it to burst I cut and capped it till I Actualy need water outside again but when I turned the water back on the ceiling in my basement started to leak I cut into it to find the problem but no more pipes burst where it's leaking where the copper pipes connect to the ceiling/upstairs floor has a leak coming out of it. it's a white connection where the pipes are inserted any idea what exactly is causing this? I'll add pictures shortly

20131206_093142.jpg

Last edited:
If you are talking about the ribbed plastic part where the copper penetrates the floor, that appears to be nothing more than a plastic pipe strap holding the pipes in place. If there is water leaking through those, then the leak is above the floor somewhere.

I really appreciate the info guises I should have updated but the following morning I chased the leak to a sink up stairs cut the pipe and used a sharkbite to seal the damaged area but now my bathtub in the same bathroom has no water coming out of it abs there's no leak as of yet to suggest a burst pipe

Back