leaking dishwasher water supply

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salcan

Reaction score
Does a female 3/8 compression fitting connecting to the water supply, for a dishwasher have a gasket/O-ring?

I take it you're using a brass compression fitting on a copper tube? All these fittings use is the body of the fitting, two nuts, and two ferrules. Ferrules are what compresses onto the copper tube when you tighten the nuts. So, no o-rings or gaskets.

Hey Zep thanks for the reply, But no, it is the male 3/8 thread end of the supply valve. The same type valve goes to my sink water supply. They are braided supply lines where the female is connected to each male valve connection. It looks like a o-ring is in the sink one and no problem with leakage. It has been leaking un-discovered for a while, when I first found it I thought is was because the connection was close to the cabinet base and thought the tight turn on the flex was causing the leak. I got supplies to re-do it to correct what I thought was wrong and when I dis-connected the water lines from both I noticed what looks like a black o-ring in the sink supply one but not the dish washer. I thought it was a flared compression fitting too then noticed this. Stores are now closed as it is night time to go check a dishwasher supply line. I thought I'd go online to get an answer before cutting the line and sweating in all new parts.

Hey Zep thanks for the reply, But no, it is the male 3/8 thread end of the supply valve. The same type valve goes to my sink water supply. They are braided supply lines where the female is connected to each male valve connection. It looks like a o-ring is in the sink one and no problem with leakage. It has been leaking un-discovered for a while, when I first found it I thought is was because the connection was close to the cabinet base and thought the tight turn on the flex was causing the leak. I got supplies to re-do it to correct what I thought was wrong and when I dis-connected the water lines from both I noticed what looks like a black o-ring in the sink supply one but not the dish washer. I thought it was a flared compression fitting too then noticed this. Stores are now closed as it is night time to go check a dishwasher supply line. I thought I'd go online to get an answer before cutting the line and sweating in all new parts.

Ahh ok. Most of the time braced supply lines don't really need anything else other than just tightening the nut. But styles and companies can differ in designs. Try taking the old supply line to a hardware store to match it up, or even post a picture on here for a better view :)

Back