Leach bed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb29

Reaction score
I dug up my leach bed drain, just because, I noticed the clean out, was showing it was draining slow. I also found out the leach bed was installed, without gravel underneath. There also isn’t a distribution block installed, and only one section of leach beds, about 7 4 ft sections in a straight line put in. About 20 years ago. When they dug to install the leach bed they said there was constant ground water coming up so they just put leach bed in over top the water and covered it up. I noticed when uncovering the end of the leach bed, there is sitting water inside the bed itself with a bunch of sand it seems to be draining out the holes on the side of the leach bed but barely moving through the actual drain hole, out the bed. I don’t have the money to have a pro come and do anything. Note: there’s no above groundwater sitting anywhere just under the ground beside and in leach bed . Any ideas ???

28’ of drain field and the high water table is the problem.

You need a perc test and then based off the perc test results and your sewage disposal needs, a system is designed.

How many bedrooms do you have ? How many baths ? Any big bathtubs ?

You’ll need a new drain field.

3 bed rooms 2 bath one bath tub and a walk in shower is all the house has standard sized bath tub

Based off info you posted in your introduction, your land may not be suitable for any septic system.

You need a perc test.

It’s all a big guess sitting here behind my computer.

It was all built in the 60’s apparently but they put a new bed and drains in around 2002

Back