layout check

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re not the original poster. Start a new thread please. There will be confusion.

Last edited:
You’re not the original poster. Start a new thread please. There will be confusion.
I am not asking about a separate topic. Your reference to "the 3" cannot be reduced" is ambiguous. 🙂 The main stack looks like 2" to me and I am pointing out it should probably be 3".

I am not asking about a separate topic. Your reference to "the 3" cannot be reduced" is ambiguous. 🙂 The main stack looks like 2" to me and I am pointing out it should probably be 3".

Look at the first layout pics he posted earlier. The main stack was 3”.

Then you asked about something I had not seen yet. That’s where he changed it to 2”.

One at a time or it gets confusing.

People typically do what they want no matter what I say in the end. Fine with me, it’s not mine and I’m not responsible for any of it.

I would pipe that layout totally different but explaining how to do it and then trying to get a person that has little to no plumbing experience to understand and then willing and able execute is rare.

So I will say what will work and what won’t and move on.

Most of the time people are not even using the proper terms and names for fittings. It’s a S show.......

Thanks for the feedback. I will update that fitting you circled to long sweep. regarding the main stack being 3" I dont see how it can work given the 12x12 concrete footing right at the the vent sweep which is up to a 2x4 wall on the 12x12 footing. 3" fitting is taller, longer and the hole is bigger than a 2x4. Not very workable. I am still open to 3" but looking at it now it doesn't seem like it would work. I could step up the size right above the concrete slab after I am in the wall though. Another aspect of that is....the current smaller fittings from the WC flange to the exit of the bldg are about 19" and that is exactly how far it is from 12.5 on center to outside of bldg. We might get lucky and it will all work out or may have to place WC at 14" if need more space in that direction.

Ok glad you have it figured out. Good luck with the install. 👍

Thanks...I am renting concrete saws today so I will know more ocne I take the slab out

Back