Kolaches

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
What are they, how do you get them, what is the point?

Here is a list of things kolaches are not:

Tools
Hamburgers
A hobby
A light saber
Jelly donuts.

Wait, they are jelly donuts, kind of.

Kolache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can also get them with meat.

No wonder I have never heard of this stuff. If you ask me, it still sounds more like a leather shoe rather than a pastry! :p

RED= NEVER BEEN THERE!

Kolache (also spelled kolace, kolach, or kolacky, from the Czech and Slovak plural koláče) is a type of pastry consisting of fillings ranging from fruits (including poppy seed, raspberry, and apricot) to cheeses and/or meats inside a bread roll. Originally only a sweet dessert from Central Europe, they have become popular in parts of the United States. Several cities, including Prague, Oklahoma; Caldwell, Texas; and East Bernard, Texas, hold annual Kolache Festival celebrations, while Montgomery, Minnesota, claims to be the "Kolacky capital of the world"[1] and holds an annual festival known as Kolacky Days. Verdigre, Nebraska, stakes the same claim with a similarly-named festival.[1] Prague, Nebraska, is commonly known as the home of the world's largest kolache. West, Texas, claims the title of "Kolache capital of Texas." Crosby, TX, also has a yearly Czech festival. St. Ludmila's Catholic Church in Cedar Rapids, IA, hosts it annual Kolache Festival the second weekend in June every year and makes over 6000 dozen kolaches to sell at its annual event. Ennis, Texas has the National Polka Festival every year on the first full weekend in May which serves many koláče and klobásniky.

It was the sweet chosen to represent the Czech Republic in the Café Europe initiative of the Austrian presidency of the European Union, on Europe Day 2006.

In Texas and Oklahoma, many restaurants and bakeries specialize in kolaches. In central Texas the kolache is particularly widespread among Czech Americans as well as their respective local communities[2] and Caldwell, the seat of Burleson County, which holds an annual Kolache Festival the second weekend of September.[3][4] Many other communities known for kolaches such as Weimar and Schulenburg, Texas, and Wilber, Nebraska, have a considerable Czech ethnic population.[5] The official "Czech Capital of the United States," Wilber, NE holds the annual Wilber Czech days, during which several thousand kolaches are sold by various town groups and businesses.

You guys are missing out. It's good stuff. I'm sure you have a regional food I've never heard of right?

^^^ Ditto.
But I'm sure if you really wanted one, You probably could find them here in Beautiful SoCalif.

I would say more than likely. I wouldn't go out of my way for them though, they ain't that great.

Now Churros on the other hand.

They sell Churros on every corner around here. I am not a huge fan.

Sorry to hear it, down here the churros rock. The place I get mine from doesn't speak any English, that's how you know it's good.

Around here the people selling anything dont speak english and only some things are good.

Around here the people selling anything dont speak english and only some things are good.

That sucks, for the most part, the non English speaking business owners offer a superior product, but there are some places I won't touch.

Latest posts

Back