Kohler tub/shower diverter valve cartridge removal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfireresearchinc

Reaction score
Hi All and thanks in advance for your help! I have a Kohler corner jacuzzi tub with a 1/4 turn tub/shower diverter valve which is leaking badly out the top. I managed to remove the handle and am presented with what looks like a giant cartridge- but how this sucker would be removed to replace o-rings or the whole cartridge is unclear. Photo attached: the tub serial number is TO2B0766 if that helps. Can't find any ID numbers on the valve itself due to the awkward position.Kohler tub shower diverter valve.jpg

@Twowaxhack: thank you so much for that! Now I have the valve part number and the replacement cartridge part number which is fantastic!

Am I understanding the drawing correctly, that the chrome part visible in the picture is the "nut" (part 75763) and is threaded to the body of the valve, and has to be removed to remove the cartridge?

@Twowaxhack: thank you so much for that! Now I have the valve part number and the replacement cartridge part number which is fantastic!

Am I understanding the drawing correctly, that the chrome part visible in the picture is the "nut" (part 75763) and is threaded to the body of the valve, and has to be removed to remove the cartridge?
No idea, I’ve never worked on one of those.

Got it- removed the decorative outer trim ring (not shown in the drawing- chrome in the photo) which was basically glued onto the assembly with plumber's putty, then removed the nut (part 75763), then just pulled up on the cartridge and out it came. Several of the o-rings have taken a compression set after all these years and need replacement, and I have replacements which seem to fit well enough to try at least. If it needs a whole cartridge it will be a spendy proposition. This is a pre-1997 version so no lifetime warranty as far as I can tell.

Latest posts

Back