Kohler Flush Tower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twowaxhack

Currently in the Lab conducting research
Professional
Reaction score
The Kohler toilet with the flush tower and tank that doesn’t have bolt holes through it......

It takes a thin yellow gasket.

IT’s a TOTAL POS

I’m going to try and **** can Kohlers flush tower crap and install a regular flushvalve.

I’ll report back what happens.

I hate you Kohler, your engineers and designers are idiots.

Didn’t work. Kohler flush towers are bigger than 3” flush valves.

The tank to bowl gasket wouldn’t fit on the tank properly. Too big……

So you’re stuck with kohlers tower and cheapie gasket.

I will advise all other customers to replace the toilet if they want anything that lasts.

I thought they made a retro fit kit back to a conventional flapper, I worked on a couple of those, the salesman at the supply house told me about those kits

I have a Kholer Kelston with the Aqua Piston. It's pretty new and I will have to see if it performs and lasts long. I know you hate Kholer with a passion but I will tell you this..... The Kholer Kelston 1.6 gallon flush comfort height is way better looking quality than my Vorten. Does my 1.6 gallon toilet flush as good? For sure and it was cheaper. But what I noticed about the Kholer Kelston toilet is that the surface of the bowl is way smoother and thus leaves way less sediment, if any. You can even feel how much smoother it is when you clean it with a brush compared to my Vorten. But for costing nearly 400 dollars, I don't like some of the things I see on it. For example, they didn't fully glaze around the back of the toilet. They took cheap corners in making the back of it's finish and they took corners making the lid. I will say that when you spend almost 400 for the whole toilet, I would like to see even better. But the Kelston is really easy to install with the way it's designed. It is balanced and I was able to hold it with hand and that hand when inside the hole of the toilet below the seat.

Back