Kohler bathroom faucet water connector problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doccherry

Reaction score
Aloha from Hawaii: I have a Kohler bathroom sink faucet and the male connector on one fitting is 5/16" and the male connector on the other is standard 1/2" pipe. They are joined by a flex hose with a compression fitting at the 5/16" end. The problem is that all the hoses I can find with the standard 1/2" pipe at one end are either 3/8" or a few are 1/4". I can't find the proper hose anywhere and I can't find an adapter to convert the 5/16" male fitting to a more standard 3/8". Any suggestions? Many thanks.

You should be able to find a brass adapter with 5/16 female on one end, and 3/8" male on the other end. Then you can pick up a supply line which will have 1/2 female on one end, and 3/8 female on the other end. A picture would help us to verify my thoughts.

Havasu: Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I've been looking for, a 5/16" female to a 3/8" male adapter. I can't find one anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks.

You got a huge Lowes in in the Kona area. I've been there a few times and it should have it. If now, change the valve under the sink to accommodate a 3/8 supply line.

Back