Kitchen sink supply lines (size/adapter)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacrawfo

Reaction score
Hi,

Difficult to search for the answer since I don't know how to ask without a photo, but it's likely a very straightforward answer.

Got a new kitchen faucet. It has fairly long supply lines built in. Started disconnecting the existing supply lines. In the photo (during removal of old faucet), I first removed the nut at the left at the end of the flexible white tube. I thought that the nut was essentially part of the tube, and that it and the tube would come away from the pipe (because it seems that is how the new faucet's supply line is). But that was not the case, the white tube seems to still be affixed to the water supply. I tried removing the nut on the other end to investigate what was happening there, but again the white tube seems affixed to the old faucet's input.

So, do I just need to yank the flexible tube hard out of the supply (at the left hand side) and then connect the new faucet's supply line there? I admit to being scared to do this without being confident, in case I create a big problem.

Or do I have to disconnect the steel parts from the copper pipe and install/attach some new port?

Thanks!

2016-09-05 20.28.19.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, done. Was surprised how deep the tube was into the pipe.

It looks like there's a gate valve on the supply line towards the right side of the picture. I would still put on on the connection to the sink though just for ease of use.

Back