Kitchen sink plumbing mess

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A A Ron

Reaction score
I'm in the process of redoing kitchen. Countertops are ordered, have new sink and want to clean up this cluster of piped under sink. I'm currently on septic. The guy originally had a modular home on this foundation and had a home built and set on the foundation. He retrofit allot of stuff to fit the newer house including the furnace which had built replaced already. Do I need both sink drains or can I tee then together? There is a disposal and dishwasher. Would also like to put an Oatey vent on there too assist with drain.

Attachments

• Resized_20210510_213851.jpg
    Resized_20210510_213851.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Resized_20210510_213855.jpg
    Resized_20210510_213855.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Resized_20210510_213831.jpg
    Resized_20210510_213831.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 12
16207691144234502597899779334376.jpg

I drew the loop vent flip flopped for clarity.

If aav's are allowed in your area you can use one. The loop vent is better in my opinion. Aav doesn't help your drainage as much as a loop vent.

View attachment 29544

I drew the loop vent flip flopped for clarity.

If aav's are allowed in your area you can use one. The loop vent is better in my opinion. Aav doesn't help your drainage as much as a loop vent.
You show the dishwasher running to the left sink. Shouldn't it go to the garbage disposal? The loop vent needs to run from the drain to where?

You show the dishwasher running to the left sink. Shouldn't it go to the garbage disposal? The loop vent needs to run from the drain to where?
Should I just leave it set up as it is? It doesn't bother anything. I don't put much underneath the sink anyways

Your right usually people drain the dishwasher into the disposal.

Although I'm guessing since he had a drain on the vent side the loop vent isn't actually hooked up to a dedicated vent.

Although I'm guessing since he had a drain on the vent side the loop vent isn't actually hooked up to a dedicated vent.
There is a vent that runs to the roof not far from those lines, roughly 6 feet away. I'm just wondering if I could cap one of those lines and run both to one side. Removing most of that mess.

Latest posts

Back