Kitchen Sink Drainage Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmsutra

Reaction score
I replaced my kitchen counter with a granite slab and installed a Kohler Apron Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink (under mount). I love the sink but I have a pesky problem with the way it drains water. Most sinks have a slope that drains water towards the hole (in-sinkerator) but the surface of this sink is absolutely flat. The debris/leftovers from plates and dishes stay scattered around the sink and I end up wasting a lot of water by using the faucet spray to move the debris from the periphery to the drain hole. I ended up buying a squeegee to move the debris but it's a pain as I have to lift the grate every time I do dishes.

Is the design defective or has my plumber not installed this correctly? Is there a way to fix this without having to uninstall the sink? Since it is an under mount re-install with a different sink is a non-starter. Appreciate your help.

sinks should drain to the drain,

sounds like your sink may not be set corectly

look under the sink at the top of the sink to under counter conection

sink should be tight against counter top.

next,,useing a 24'' level, set it on the counter top...if it does not look like this....you got a problem
turn the level north /south and east/ west

it should be level both ways

construction-level-17396717.jpg

Reactions: SHR
Back