Kitchen sink drainage issue..

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bballtwenty2

Reaction score
-I replaced my double kitchen sink for a single sink.
-Now the water drains slow, gargles, and washer machine slightly backs up into it. It has been going on for a few years and has gotten no better or worse.
-I've had multiple plumbers come clean the drain lines, and check the vent pipe to no avail.
-I started researching and found that an "aav" couple possibly solve the issue or at least i hope!
-I really think the issue is a venting issue since the draining was not a problem with the double sinks.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Venting is not your problem. New AAV will only accomplish taking money out of your pocket for no reason. Have drain video inspection. Very common that your "plumbers" did not clear the drain clog correctly, especially if the drain pipe is for the kitchen sink too.

Does the drain on the new sink sit lower than the drain on the old sink? If so, could the slow draining be a gravity problem?

The trap needs to be higher then the outlet in the wall. Try trimming the chrome extention in the middle to give you proper slope.

take a look at the j bend, i think you have pushed it into the adapter so it is cutting off drainage at the 22.5 fitting

Thank you for the detailed response! i will be showing my plumber

take a look at the j bend, i think you have pushed it into the adapter so it is cutting off drainage at the 22.5 fitting

Frodo, out of curiosity, should inserted pipe be cut flush as in the diagram or cut at an angle?

Back