Kitchen Sink Cluster

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solid

Reaction score
Hey Folks!

So, here's a picture of the leaking faucet:

kitchen-faucet_zps45058466.jpg

Is there a tool I need to get under the sink to tighten this up? Or, should I just remove and replace the entire thing? Some idiot clamped a pair of vice grips just below the handle and tried to fix it that way. All that did was destroy the faucet! Thank you!

Most likely simply needs spout o - rings (and possibly bearings dependent on mfr./model). To change those parts, the nut under the handle must come off. It may be cheaper and faster to simply replace, but is probably still serviceable. Looks like the guilty idiot may have crushed a non - essential plastic "bonnet".

Thank you, AcornWhole.

Any idea how to find the mfg info? I see absolutely no markings, anywhere. The sink itself is American Standard 25" x 22" offset drain, single basin - discontinued.

take it apart, take the o-ring out.. better yet, pull the guts out also.

take your goody bag to a plumbing supply house. NOT blowes or homley bleepo

when you get there, look fot a door in the back, says "counter sales" bust up in there.

Say hey!!! to the plumbers sitting around drinking coffee. put you bag on the counter. tell the guy you need replacement parts for this.

if you want just o-rings. go to a auto parts house, look thru the o-ring drawers. o-ring is a o-ring long as its the right size

Back