Kitchen Sink blocked due to coffee grind, cleaned u-trap, but still blocked why?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lallytorono

Reaction score
So when one side of the sink drains water comes up the other side, we opened the u-trap because we thought the blockage is there, but seems to be elsewhere further ? Any ideas on how to fix this or where the blockage might be ?

undersink.jpeg

So when one side of the sink drains water comes up the other side, we opened the u-trap because we thought the blockage is there, but seems to be elsewhere further ? Any ideas on how to fix this or whee blockage might be ?

View attachment 41608

So when one side of the sink drains water comes up the other side, we opened the u-trap because we thought the blockage is there, but seems to be elsewhere further ? Any ideas on how to fix this or where the blockage might be ?

View attachment 41608
Have you tried a plunger thats were id start just block off the sink drain your not plunging, plunge the one directly over the p trap

We use plumbing tool called snake to clear lines.
Coffee grounds should never be put down drains.

I would be very careful about plunging your kitchen sink. Check the plumbing underneath it first and look for an open standpipe with the dishwasher draining into it. If that's what you have, you'll prolly pump water out of it when you plunge your sink.

Been there, done that.

Twice.

Had to replace two acoustic ceiling sections in the room below the kitchen that were stained from my plumbing the kitchen sink before I looked under the sink and saw the standpipe with the dishwasher drain hose going into it.

I remember one job we did several years ago. the wife made bacon and eggs every morning and poured the grease down the drain, the three inch main stack was so coated with grease the openinside the was just 2 inches.
I do not know how many times i have had to tell customers
THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD GO DOWN THE DRAIN IS HUMAN WASTE,TOILET PAPER , AND SOAP AND WATER .
PERIOD

Makes me wonder why garbage disposers are in every kitchen.

Makes me wonder why garbage disposers are in every kitchen.
we used to make sooo much money from blocked kitchen drains . the best was thanksgiving weekend when lots of people would throw everything down the drain and block it so bad, then we would get an emergency call, of course it was double time minimum three hours plus travelling. . good times

Back