kitchen faucet: Domestic or Commercial?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Reynolds

Reaction score
Putting in new faucet in kitchen for friend who is struggling financially like the rest of us, so I am trying to save his money. But I do want to install something that will last a while w/o problems. Now trying to decide: best bargain from top makers of commercial faucets, or a commercial faucet? And while I know the domestic faucet manufacturers well enough, I run into names I have never heard of in commercials, so how can I find out which ones are the best?

Most of the name brands such as Delta, Kohler or Moen have lifetime free replacements of parts, for the homeowner who installs them. Think of the future, and how much you will pay and how available are these replacement parts?

as far as general brands go, I have used Delta, Moen and Kohler in my house and apartments. Each brand has their 'cheap' fixtures. I am not a professional so I rely on feedback at various websites and take them with a grain of salt.
It has been my recent and past experience that all 3 mfg will furnish (at no cost) and ship (usually with no cost) replacement parts (valves, valve kits, adapters if the replacement is an upgrade, etc.)
Good luck

as far as general brands go, I have used Delta, Moen and Kohler in my house and apartments. Each brand has their 'cheap' fixtures. I am not a professional so I rely on feedback at various websites and take them with a grain of salt.
It has been my recent and past experience that all 3 mfg will furnish (at no cost) and ship (usually with no cost) replacement parts (valves, valve kits, adapters if the replacement is an upgrade, etc.)
Good luck

Kohler is the only major brand that’s given me trouble with a faucet warranty.

They sent out parts that they claimed to be compatible with old trim. When I received the parts the trim wasn’t compatible.

When I called back and asked for new trim the Representative from Kohler that answered the phone proceeded to tell me that the last representative that sent the parts shouldn’t have……..they didn’t want to pony up the trim to make my customer complete after their faucet was torn apart for a week under their directions.

So dealing with Kohler for me was like dealing with a street vendor in Tijuana.

I don’t suggest going business with Kohler and “ most “ of their faucets are poorly designed in my opinion.

Most of the name brands such as Delta, Kohler or Moen have lifetime free replacements of parts, for the homeowner who installs them. Think of the future, and how much you will pay and how available are these replacement parts?
My Moen kitchen faucet cost close to $100 almost 20 years ago and when it started to leak, I called them to find out how the cartridge replacement happens-I was told that I should go to a Moen retailer and buy it. What lifetime warranty are you referring to?

My Moen kitchen faucet cost close to $100 almost 20 years ago and when it started to leak, I called them to find out how the cartridge replacement happens-I was told that I should go to a Moen retailer and buy it. What lifetime warranty are you referring to?
If you can produce a receipt where you purchased the faucet then they should’ve sent you the cartridge for free.

Moen has a program called "Moen Plus". I just purchased a Moen last week. I went on line and registered my faucet, and added my sales receipt, so I am registered and have a lifetime warranty for as long as I own the house.

Delta is still better since I didn't even register with them, but explained where I purchased it, and they had no issue sending a free repair kit for it, just for the asking. I've found they respond to niceness and usually will go out of their way to help a customer.

GB, if you get a snotty customer service rep, just be nice and ask to speak to their supervisor.

I've found that the service department for Lixil owned brands (American Standard, Grohe, Inax, Fiat, Sato and more- including the building products brands) are very accommodating about free parts. They usually ship parts the same day (always free). We had lots of Lixil devices where I worked.

Wear Out items on some of their products are not officially covered, but they've always been good about sending "not covered" parts for a 20+ year old American Standard kitchen faucet & a less old lav faucet- just yesterday by coincidence. (I asked nicely.)

Some months ago, they sent me a thermostatic cartridge (wear out item) & an aquadimmer for a friend's Grohe shower valve free.

Sometimes, if a company does not want to send a free part, tell them that you can't find it locally. This worked with Delta and with Moen for me.

Steven, in your question, you asked about commercial faucets.

Where I worked, there were several thousand Chicago faucets with Quaturn stems. The plumbers really liked them because they are easy to service, even the vacuum breakers.

I have two different ones at home. One's the laundry sink and one is a workshop sink. They're not Martha Stewart pretty, but they never need service and the workshop one is used a bunch of times every day.

We also have two T & S Brass spray rinses with B-10K cartridges at home. They also are quite reliable. (There were many where I worked.)

Back