Kitchen "Clean out plug" to side of the house?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_____

Reaction score
Hello all-

Hope I've come to the right place as I'm plumbing ignorant...

We've taken over a family house and found out that one of the neighbors beside us has a nasty looking open leak coming from their house and flowing right outside the structure.

After meeting them and doing a little probing we found out that it's coming straight from her kitchen sink (single older lady)...so everything they put in there has been going straight out the side of the house and festering for who knows how long (health hazard??).

So my question is simply what is the actual problem and how can it be fixed so that we don't get sick.

Photos below:

IMG_20180119_154937.jpg

IMG_20180119_154940.jpg

IMG_20180119_154934.jpg

Edit: These houses were built in the mid to late 60's.

Any help to resolve this would be GREATLY appreciated. :cool:

Last edited:
That drain needs to be tied into the sanitary line inside the house.

Thank you, we kind of figured it was more in depth than just "plugging it back up"...

This lady appears to be cash strapped...need to find a way to get her to take care of it economically.

Any thoughts on the health hazard aspect while this is in process of being repaired?

He said that when they run the kitchen sink the water comes directly outside from that pipe. If that's a cleanout I never seen one come out the side of the house like that. Learn something new I guess. Maybe its warm where he is at and it won't freeze. Can't do that around here.

That opening is a cleanout. Someone removed the plug because the line is plugged. The line needs to be snaked.

Interesting...that seems simple enough and shouldn't break the bank. Thanks.

He said that when they run the kitchen sink the water comes directly outside from that pipe. If that's a cleanout I never seen one come out the side of the house like that. Learn something new I guess. Maybe its warm where he is at and it won't freeze. Can't do that around here.

Yeah, that was my first time seeing something like that as well. But I don't do this for a living, so figured I'd ask the experts...sure she has several other plumbing issues.

FWIW, this is in Dallas, TX...it was down to 15 degrees F last week, today it was in the 70s

Latest posts

Back