Kinetico Water Softener Bypass Valve Issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmms

Reaction score
I’m having issues changing the filter in my softener. I have a Kinetico model 735 1” NO BR DR. Unit is three years old

The first step I usually take is putting the softener in bypass, opening the relief valve, and letting the water drain from the valve.

What I'm seeing is:
  • When the Valve is in Yellow/bypass, the relief valve still drains with full pressure. I’ve let this run for over a minute without chance. Usually the water drains quickly
  • When the Valve is in red, the relief valve still drains and I still have water in all my fixtures in the house. Although it feels like water pressure is slightly reduced
Anyone have suggestions? Is there a safe DIY approach or should I just give in and call my local service company?

Thank you

I’m having issues changing the filter in my softener. I have a Kinetico model 735 1” NO BR DR. Unit is three years old

The first step I usually take is putting the softener in bypass, opening the relief valve, and letting the water drain from the valve.

What I'm seeing is:
  • When the Valve is in Yellow/bypass, the relief valve still drains with full pressure. I’ve let this run for over a minute without chance. Usually the water drains quickly
  • When the Valve is in red, the relief valve still drains and I still have water in all my fixtures in the house. Although it feels like water pressure is slightly reduced
Anyone have suggestions? Is there a safe DIY approach or should I just give in and call my local service company?

Thank you
I

Back