Kenmore garbage Disposal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinead

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals.

My garbage disposal is clog.

I've done the basics.
1. got underneath sink, push red reset button.
2. Use cresent wrench to try to unclog. Moved it and then did a full turn.
3. Still not unclogged.
4. Motor running strong.

Yes, me bad. I put too much down disposal, cucumber pealings. Should have just fed the disposal slowly.
Im not panicking. I've unclogged this before. hmmmmmm Thank you.

:confused: Any thoughts.

Probably have a P-trap full of little cucumber pieces.

Just a suggestion, peel the cucumbers in the sink if you want, but remove them with your hands. you don't need each and every scrap, just the bulk of them. Then and only then rinse the sink with the garbage disposal running and flush the line with a large amount of water. I like to fill the sink about half full of water and then pull the plug to flush the drain line with a big surg of water.

Probably have a P-trap full of little cucumber pieces.

Just a suggestion, peel the cucumbers in the sink if you want, but remove them with your hands. you don't need each and every scrap, just the bulk of them. Then and only then rinse the sink with the garbage disposal running and flush the line with a large amount of water. I like to fill the sink about half full of water and then pull the plug to flush the drain line with a big surg of water.
Thank you for suggestion. Will do.
I ended up emptying both sides of sinks from underneath into pail. At least its cleared. I put it all back together but now I needed manpower (which I don't have) to just tighten thpips. Its dripping a little bit tonite and then I will call plumber tomorrow. I tried. I know too, its only a little adjustment and just a little tighter in turning the pipes. grrrr.... Nothing like taking a shower in the kitchen. lol :D

If it’s a two bowl double sink, Is one side draining ?
It is double sink. Neither side was draing. See above post for my progress and determinination. The sinks are clears out now but had trouble getting pipes back tightly together so there is dripping for the night. I will have someone come to look at it tomorrow. Thanks for looking at my post and caring. Phew.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back