Kenmore display interpretation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killermrob83

Reaction score
High Capacity 80 Plus, model 625.348832 water softener. Unit had been bypassed and sitting idle for a while so I cleaned the unit and replaced the venture/nozzle gasket. Put the unit back in service and ran through all of the cycles. Everything seems to be working properly with the exception of some info that keeps appearing on the display. Every 4-5 minutes the unit beeps once, then the display shows SR-21 for about 2 seconds and then shows 2.0 for about 2 seconds. The display then returns to the present time. These aren't error codes according to the manual, so I don't know what to make of it. I do not recall this particular display ever showing before when the unit was in service. Any ideas?

Killermrob83, I am not a water softner expert, But I looked at the manual and page 13 & 24 should take care of the display problem. If not, your control could be going bad. Hope this helps.

I did the faceplate reset according to the owner's manual, but nothing has changed. Communicated with an 'expert' at ManageMyLife, a Sears website. He suggested that there is some kind of glitch in the board, but because it doesn't affect the operation I am going to use it the way it is until it starts giving fits. Thanks for the input. Rob

Good to know -- Thanks Rob

Last edited:
Back