Jerry rigging a shower manifold

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbo13

Reaction score
The shower manifold has a bad seat on the hot and needs to be replaced, I made the mistake of assuming this was a common part and ripped my shower apart.

pricepfister0731xarw865.jpg

Home Depot & Lowes (the only thing in my area) doesn't carry anything but large moen remodel kits.

So instead of going without a shower for 2-4 weeks special ordering the part
i was thinking of rigging this up with some nipples and a cross tee
plankq.jpg

Any one have any ideas of what I could find on the shelf for the shut off valves? I only have to clear less than a 1/2 inch out of the wall.

Last edited:
If you have the price pfister valve in the photo, Home Depot & Lowes should have the seats and stems for it in stock -- very common parts.

The interior manifold is snapped at the seal point it has to be replaced, they don't carry it or anything close. The only manifolds they carry are extensive remodel kits that I would require repiping the entire bathroom to accommodate.

The threads for the seat is crack?

If you are opening the wall to try an rig something up , I would replace the Valve with a Moen Single Valve . Open once and be done with it. If you don't want to do any tile repair at this time , use a tub/shower valve remodel plate.

Last edited:
plan2h.jpg

I think my terminology is off causing confusion, the point where the washer makes the seal inside the manifold is cracked and marred like so on the inside. ( Thought the ring inside the manifold was called the seat, sorry if that's incorrect).

Jimbo, Installing a new valve will be cheaper than rigging something up.

That's what I'd like to do, But I have a choice between four home depots and three lowes and they don't carry this, or anything similar.

They sell nothing but $300 dollar+ Moen remodel kits that would require substantial repiping of my bathroom and a new shower insert to accommodate the holes.

No thanks, I'll find some shut offs that will work.

Jimbo , can you take a couple photos of your valve and post them.

Back