Is this up to code in CA?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That isn't code in Istanbul. What the hell is going on in this world.

That isn't code in Istanbul. What the hell is going on in this world.

What’s wrong with it? Need to be able to tell the builder... I’m obviously not a plumber.

Ed

Last edited:
Everything is wrong...... Everything is wrong. Redail the number and try again.

The flex lines are just asking to trap stuff in it. Where is the P trap. Routing the pipe up like that is not a Ptrap. Is that stuff from Ikea. I am shocked that the builder does not know that is not correct. Was a plumber hired to do the work or did he have the finish carpenter do it.

The flex lines are just asking to trap stuff in it. Where is the P trap. Routing the pipe up like that is not a Ptrap. Is that stuff from Ikea. I am shocked that the builder does not know that is not correct. Was a plumber hired to do the work or did he have the finish carpenter do it.

Not really sure. This was raised in a pre purchase inspection and want to make sure I have enough information on exactly why it’s wrong - in Plummer language- to tell him as the report wasn’t specific. Just basically said it’s f’d up!!

Ed

Holy hell what happened here. Sorry dude, that's completely, completely wrong. Was the "plumber" wearing his glasses or just drunk. Flex lines don't belong on drains. Honestly surprised they didn't try and get away with using radiator hoses. Like a previous person said, how does the builder not know that's completely wrong? Was it his first house?

No discredit to you my dude, but don't push this on people. I'm a drain cleaner gone plumber and this is super annoying. Don't have glued fittings under a sink. Have compression fittings going to the trap and to the wall. Makes it so much more accessible to clean the drain and is very reliable. I do see that the trap is able to be taken apart, but that's not good enough. Trap repair kits are very reliable. Don't think everything under a sink needs to be glued.

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll tell the builder!! All other sinks use ABS. Not sure why this laundry room sink is so different.

Ed

Justin, our co warranty’s our pipe for 25 yearsI would choose abs over tubular any day(for permanent fixtures), it clogs up less, you just have to install a clean out or use a mission band .

Back