Is this a manufacturing defect?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunSandDisney

Reaction score
Hello
We bought a Kohler Highline Classic toilet 1.28Gal flush last night
hubby has installed it today and it is leaking at the water supply inlet at the bottom of tank...
It was not tightened to tight , could be hand loosened ..
No cracks in toilet tank
BUT we can't get the rubber ring to sit flush on bottom of tank...
We see whats looks like a ring around hole on inside...
Should this have been sanded all the way off when the toilet was still greenware or should there be a ring of ceramic around this hole and its been broken off?
Any help would be awesome...
Thanks

015.jpg

Give Kohler Customer service a call. They will e-mail you a store credit for a new tank at any big box hardware store which is close to you. It just happened to me recently, and their folks are top notch. And yes, that appears to be a manufacturing defect.

Did you have to send them a picture?
I did phone Kohler today about the leak before we took the water fill valve off and all kohler offered was to send a new water fill valve because they thought it might be a cracked...

Did you get a whole new toilet or just a tank? We bought a toilet kit.. it came with the wax seal and seat and everything you needed... my husband says he doesn't recall just a tank for sale..

I actually had a defective bowl. You are correct, the big box store will have to order a new one since they usually will not give you a full replacement toilet, but If you still have the original receipt and box, it might be smart to call where you purchased it to see if you can just replace the whole kitten kabootle.

We just bought it last night so we do have the receipt and box...
I will call Kohler again in the morning.. I really don't know how to explain this problem.. How would you describe this defect?

Since you have the receipt and box, pack up that puppy and take it back for a replacement. Just tell them there is a porcelain mold defect, the tank is leaking, and you need a replacement immediately. Let them make the call to Kohler.

Latest posts

Back