Is there a straight pipe alternative for wall mount Toto?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am installing a basement toilet that requires a straight pipe so I can join into the sewer. The wall mount unit came with an elbow. I wonder if there is an alternative I could use. The existing elbow (shown below) has a sort of groove to work with the (shown below) clamp/bracket. Not sure how critical that groove is, and a straight piece of PVC sits loosely inside the clamp/bracket, but welcome any experience/ideas folks might have for turning a bottom outlet toilet into a rear outlet or even if it's possible! I was hoping to use the no hub coupling I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 3
Are you using a carrier in the wall for a back outlet toilet?? I don't know of any way to change a bottom outlet to a back
outlet. Don't think I would want to do it anyway because of potential leaks

The toilet has an in wall cistern. It’s a Toto. The toilet itself is a wall mount rear outlet - it just happens to drop from a very short almost straight pipe into a 90 degree elbow through the floor. This wouldn’t be a problem if it was a second floor bathroom.
I guess I wonder if the flush would be strong enough to push the waste about 7 feet into my sewer pipe via a pvc Y.

You put a Toto in the basement? Wow, what do you install for the first and second floors? Sounds fancy!

You put a Toto in the basement? Wow, what do you install for the first and second floors? Sounds fancy!
gold plated toilets of course! and platinum bidets. Actually I got them for under $120 w bowls from someone who gutted their very nice home. Lucked out (IF I can make them work lol)

I recall a colleague having this concern and the mfr rep got them the right fitting like you want. Here it is for Geberit, or go to Geberitnorthamerica.com
https://www.geberitnorthamerica.com/local-media/spec-sheets/gna7274-optional-waste-fittings.pdflook and see if toto offers it.
Thank you for this tip. I called ToTo and the woman was amazing! She said it was safest and best to just rotate the elbow 45degrees downward either way, and then I could elbow off that to join in to the sewer pipe. This allows for that initial drop, as well as keeps me using the special grooved pipe in the bracket. Seems like it should work!

Latest posts

Back