is there a finer-thread garden hose adapter?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skewered2010

Reaction score
Please see the attached pics. The pipe here comes from the animal sprinkler:
https://www.havahart.com/critter-ridder-motion-activated-animal-repellent-sprinkler-c5277-9762
And it's a nice product but unfortunately they made this pipe out of cheap plastic, which broke quickly.
So I thought it would be easily replaced by a galvanized nipple and a 1/2-inch FPT to 3/4 M garden hose adapter.
But when I went to screw it in I realized that their pipe has finer threads on it than a garden hose.
The second picture shows their pipe fitting at the left and a garden hose attachment at right, similar diameter but coarser.

It is definitely a straight thread, not a pipe thread. But I haven't been able to find any adapter for it.

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? I'll take anything to go on! THANKS!

the OD of the pipe is 0.93"
the OD of the threads is 1.04"
the ID of the pipe is 0.775"

Attachments

• IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    415.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 7
They mean that for the bottom piece, the groundspike that the riser threads into.

The photos I have here are the actual riser that I need replaced.

Let me ask this: Do you think it could be G-thread? I just learned about that and wonder if the 3/4" end is either 3/4" PT or this "G- thread"

I can't believe that they would have made it some proprietary thread, so I'm guessing that it's a matter of finding the right 3/4 adapter

Thanks for any further replies

They mean that for the bottom piece, the groundspike that the riser threads into.

The photos I have here are the actual riser that I need replaced.

Let me ask this: Do you think it could be G-thread? I just learned about that and wonder if the 3/4" end is either 3/4" PT or this "G- thread"

I can't believe that they would have made it some proprietary thread, so I'm guessing that it's a matter of finding the right 3/4 adapter

Thanks for any further replies

Call them

Unfortunately they won't provide details, or maybe they don't know them (if it was manufactured by somebody else for them).

But for anybody searching this in the future, I confirmed that it is G thread on the other end of the black plastic pipe. This piece here adapts to 1/2" Male NPT:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S61VPPKJoywayus 1/2" NPT Thread Female × 3/4" G Thread Male Brass Pipe Fitting Adapter

3/4" G thread has 14 threads per inch, and that's what I measured off their pipe.

Makes sense that it would be G-thread (i.e. not tapered) since it interfaces with a rubber washer!

This black pipe is the part that takes the most stress when the sprinkler kicks on so they should have at least made it from a schedule-80 PVC instead of cheap plastic.

Do these few posts now make me a professional here?

Back