Is it possible to simply replace these washers?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CReese

Reaction score
I am changing my faucet handles out and upon reconnecting everything I noticed that the supply line washers are completely shot and are leaking badly. What is my best move here? I would like to just change out the supply lines but I don't see a nut to remove them from the valve. Are these hard to change out? Replacing the valves is out of the question because my HOA is such a pain and shutting off the main water would be a nightmare. Can I find the washers for the faucet end anywhere? If I could simply replace those it would make my life very easy but when I look up supply lines I dont even see these types being used anymore. Are these copper? Do they have a name. All I see is rubber braided supply lines. Looking for suggestions please...

456.jpg

457.jpg

Unless you have success replacing the rubber gasket, and it works on stopping the leak, I'm afraid shutting off the water and changing the entire valve and supply line will be your next step. Good luck and keep us posted!

Those valves look like the push pull type with the supply tubes permanently attached. They are a disaster waiting to happen. I would give serious thought to replacing them.

John

John is correct. Consider those extremely fragile and try not to work in anymore bends or it will snap on you. I just did the same thing at my son in law's house a few weeks ago, wasn't fragile enough, and had to replace the entire valve and supply line.

Back