Is filter needed with septic tank baffle?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptk

Reaction score
tuf tite.jpg

Hi,
I have a small (2,000 gal.) septic tank in a house with two residents. I had to replace the entire leach line which failed. (40 year old orangeburg pipe) I installed a TUF TITE baffle with filter which works well. The filter REALLY keeps solids out of the leach line. I do have to clean out the filter about every two weeks. I've had people tell me that with the 'T' baffle I really don't need the filter.
Is this true?? I really, really don't want my new leach line to get clogged up with solids.
Thanks for your help

I have a 1200 gal tank with 4 people and I have the 6” baffle outlet and filter.

I haven’t cleaned the filter in over 5 yrs.

Sounds like you have other problems and the filter is saving you.

I would be checking for excessive water usage and/or leaks from inside sources like toilets or faucets.

Also check to see how much and what kind of toilet paper they’re using

Remove garbage disposal drain if you have one.

Outlet filter raises lots of questions. Some people say they work some say there pointless. Try and limit the amount of water usage and pump at the proper level. Usually with a single compartment septic tank you clean anaully. If you don’t mind cleaning the filter it won’t hurt anything.

Latest posts

Back