Intermittent drip from top rear of toilet bowl

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilH

Reaction score
Hello!
The toilet in our new house has an intermittent drip that appears from the rear of the toilet bowl every few seconds. I've included a video below for reference.
I was wondering what the most likely culprit for this is, and if it's an easy fix.
Any info appreciated!
Thanks!
View attachment dripping_toilet.mp4

That appears to be a pressure tank toilet. The drip is because a small bit of water is leaking into the gallery, that feeds the rim.

With out make and model, and an “exploded view” parts drawing I cant tell you if there are individual repair parts, or you have to replace complete assemblies.

We have a few of the pressure tank toilets and the sent us kits to repair/update them about five year ago, becasue apparently the pressure tanks could rupture, with enough force to explode the porcelain tank, and injure people who happened to be sitting on the toilet, or even just in the bathroom when they did. So, I know some brands have parts, and some only sell as assemblies, to avoid improper repairs which could fail.

Top fed ballcock thingy and dual flush canister. Yeah, I can’t help you.

Latest posts

Back