Installing Toto Washlet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoNavy

Reaction score
Merry Christmas! We are one step away from claiming DIY victory in our installation of a Toto Washlet. We've installed a "t-swivel" between the toilet fill valve shank on the bottom of the tank and the braided supply line from the supply valve. As we are connecting the 7/8" plastic nut from the braided supply line to a brass fitting on the bottom of the "t-swivel", we can not get the two to mate (even though the plastic nut was installed to the steel shank on the bottom of the tank previously). Does the plastic nut have to be "cut in" to the new threads on the brass fitting? Thoughts? If so, any techniques to help this along?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Mr_David, Yes - but ours was purchased in Japan and we had to modify the plumbing hardware to get it to fit a US toilet.

Well I guess your best bet is to contact The ones who made it.
If they are making a product specifically to meet Japanese requirements you may want to talk to a product tech with TOTO. Is your power supply compatible as well. Same voltage and Hz cycles as what your unit was designed for? Good luck with that. Let us know what you find out.

I put this crazy Toto W.C. in awhile back. Haven't heard from them scince I put it in so must be working Okay.

Has a seat system like yours. Washes and blow dries. Even lifts the seat when you walk into the room. Auto flushes when you walk out :eek:

016 (640x480).jpg

018 (640x480).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Good questions. We've used the same Washlet in the States before but we moved back to Japan and had to disconnect the brass components. The Washlet previously worked fine in the U.S. without complications. The only remaining obstacle we have is connecting the plastic nut from the braided fill hose to the brass fitting that we attached to the bottom of the "t-swivel." It appears to me that we just need to cut in/mesh the plastic female threads with the male brass threads...easier said than done...

Back