Installing sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumdone

Reaction score
Hey all I am finishing up a sink project and having a time getting the Blue Hawk 1/2 " push fitting coupling to a 1/2 threaded fitting to stop leaking between the threaded fitting and the Price Pfister "weird" 1/2 threaded fitting. The model of faucet with this weird threaded fitting is 42-YP series in the "ashfield" collection which is discontinued. I may know why. So question is what threaded fitting goes on that model, the directions just make it look like you twist it on like hooking a hose up to a spigot. Well apparently the blue hawk p20 threaded fitting is not correct. The fister "male threaded" part comes out of faucet braided hose then the end looks like 1/2 threaded then half flat for a wrench to hold it. When I use the regular "round fully threaded felmale into that it leaks furiously 3 times no matter if tightend, or vinyl threadlock is put on it. Any suggestions this has taken me hours!!!

If possible, could you take a few pics and post them up to understand your dilemma a bit more?

Back