In Valve Shower Filter help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L

Reaction score
Hey All,

My shower faucet has two in valve debris screens (one for hot, one for cold). I have to pull them once every six months or so to clear debris and regain my water pressure. Doing this today, I noticed one of the screens needs to be replaced as the rubber gaskets at the end are not water tight any more. I took it to my local hardware store and they had no idea what the hell they were looking at and I cant find any info online when searching shower valve debris screen, etc...

The filters are rectangular and measure about 2inches in length, and 1 inch in width. Metal screen mesh surrounded by a rubber gasket all around. No brand info on the valve.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Mike

Pics of screens and your valve body, and of valve trim would certainly help.

Meanwhile, why does the shower faucet even need filter screens?
Possibly because there is a bs government required super tight flow restrictor or too-tight aerator in the shower head.

If you can find the tight spots in the shower head, and remove or widen the orifices, you might not need the filters at all.

Unless they are there because you have some fussy pressure balancing system that jams up too easily.

Back