i dropped a butter knife down my sink drain HELP ME!!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singlegal

Reaction score
my sink was clogged and instead of going out to the store and buying drain fluid, i mean it's 11PM nobody is open and the ****ing clog in the drain was annoying with the water buildup, i tried to use a butter knife.

i cleared the clog up, at least to the point that i could see, but with the water being slippery on my hands, proceeded to drop the butter knife into the drain. whoever was the genius to put the curve in the sink pipes i applaud you.

any ideas on how to get this little ****er out with dropping more things in there? it's about 1 inch from the the top of the drain opening.

thanks, guys! =^X

If you cant reach it with a pair of pliers you could use an pick-up claw. You can get one for a couple of bucks at most hardware stores.

They look something like this.

45046_CatsPawLightedPick-upClawSingle_80.jpg

^ That is exactly what I use and was going to recommend, but couldn't think of the technical name to post a picture. Those things are downright handy, especially dropping a small bolt in the skid plate of my jeep!

Back