I believe I was price gouged for a repair of 2 foot pvc pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just think of all that time hauling water and all the trouble you went through and it was a simple repair.

And rather than checking the problem and coming to a plumbing forum for help, you wait until the repair is made then come to a plumbing forum to complain how much you agreed to pay them.

I certainly appreciate your story. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.

No, running water is not essential. Being able to dispose of your waste and get clean is......You were able to do that, you just think it was too much work.

That’s an unfortunate attitude to have while having the money to spend to correct the problem.

$600 isn’t a lot of money. I think a PlayStation costs about that much doesn’t it ? I bet they cost $50 bucks to make.
Essential is relative meaning whatever living situation you would deem appropriate for a person to live in. It is ultimately a relative term. Those with more, like those that don't think $600 is a lot of money, should higher the bar for what they deem is essential, especially considering they have much more in comparison.

An oncologist does it every day and gets paid a fortune. Is cancer treatment essential ? Is it free ? Do you think a person with cancer is in a bad situation ?

You're right. It is abhorrent that cancer patients should have to pay exorbitant fees (or any fee) to stay alive. We shouldn't do that in society and instead accept some form of socialized medicine IMO. I mean I don't see the point of bringing that up though. that doesn't justify taking advantage of people's misfortune that are even less fortunate than you. I'm not arguing with you that you shouldn't get paid for your expertise. You definitely should. I'm just saying what I believe should be the obvious. When you see someone that is going through some unusual misfortune (especially if you they are less fortunate than you) and they have no choice but to rely on your services (such as in a crisis where resources are limited and you become the monopolist), don't just think about how you can gain extra money out of it and instead think about the value in helping those people.
I don't mean that as a personal attack on you that you do so. But from what others and you have said so far worries me that you might.

Essential is relative meaning whatever living situation you would deem appropriate for a person to live in. It is ultimately a relative term. Those with more, like those that don't think $600 is a lot of money, should higher the bar for what they deem is essential, especially considering they have much more in comparison.

You're right. It is abhorrent that cancer patients should have to pay exorbitant fees (or any fee) to stay alive. We shouldn't do that in society and instead accept some form of socialized medicine IMO. I mean I don't see the point of bringing that up though. that doesn't justify taking advantage of people's misfortune that are even less fortunate than you. I'm not arguing with you that you shouldn't get paid for your expertise. You definitely should. I'm just saying what I believe should be the obvious. When you see someone that is going through some unusual misfortune (especially if you they are less fortunate than you) and they have no choice but to rely on your services (such as in a crisis where resources are limited and you become the monopolist), don't just think about how you can gain extra money out of it and instead think about the value in helping those people.
I don't mean that as a personal attack on you that you do so. But from what others and you have said so far worries me that you might.

A freeze is good for my plumbing business. I’m not going to apologize for that. That’s life.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back