I am looking to run 1/2” PEX for my refrigerator. To get this done, I will need to g 2 corner

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris87

Reaction score
I am looking to run PEX for my refrigerator, as it seems like that would be the easiest. I’m thinking 1/2” but will use 3/8” or 1/4” if possible. The distance is 30-35 ft. To get this done, I will need to navigate 2 corner studs and run across a doorway. I know that they sell bend supports, but I’m not sure if they will work for my situation. Can it be applied after the PEX is installed, or do I have to have it in place first? I wasn’t sure if I would be able to pull the PEX with the bend support at the corner. I was thinking that 3/8” may be easier, but I don’t know if it’s too far of a run (25-30 ft, I would guess).

I also have questions about crossing the doorway. I assume that there will be cripple studs (haven’t opened all of the wall yet), but from what I am able to see, there are 2 studs turned sideways. I haven’t seen that before, and I was wondering if it is safe to drill through the center. I’ve enclosed a picture, so you can see what I mean.

I wish there was an easier way to do this. I am on a slab, so I can’t go under the floor. There is an attic above, but from what I understand, there is a freezing risk (I’m in New Jersey).

Kitchen:
70338-DC1-B375-4620-87-E8-5079062725-FB.jpg

E6-F1-FB1-C-848-C-4974-AEBB-3-F322-A9-FD5-B2.jpg

Studs turned sideways:
428-F072-B-DF56-4800-B767-53-A21-CC119-D4.jpg

I messed up the title for my thread, and I don't see a way to edit it. Sorry about that.

Latest posts

Back