How would I go about lowering my LPS valve box?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmech

Reaction score
I have a 5-1/4" valve box cover (I believe that's what it's called despite it being round) in my front yard. It's the curb stop for my eone LPS. In the first pic below, see "Lateral Assembly"

It's sitting proud of grade to the point where it's just high enough that the lawnmower would hit it. See 2nd pic below.

I want to lower it by a couple of inches. I do not want to play with the grade, which is currently correct.

What's the best way to go about this? Please see also the 3rd pic below

Thanks for any replies.

1655240353809-eone_grinder_pump_installation__color.png

QrGiYZM.jpg

gQqbuid.jpg

Why don't you put an irrigation valve box o er it you will need to have access at some point anyway, plus if your in pa it's gonna get buried in snow might be easier to find

Why don't you put an irrigation valve box o er it you will need to have access at some point anyway, plus if your in pa it's gonna get buried in snow might be easier to find
It's a lot deeper than an irrigation box would allow for (I think?).

Also, it really should remain marked as what it is: Sewer.

It's an e-One system. It needs to be accessible and lid/risers just enough above grade to keep intrusive ground water out.

Looks like you’ll need to dig it up and see if it has room to drop down. If it doesn’t then you’ll need to cut it off a couple inches.

Back