How to take apart an unusual faucet handle

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusew

Reaction score
Hi, I can't figure out how to take this facet handle apart (it's leaking around the base). I can't find any set screws, and pulling upwards does not remove it. I can unscrew the base, but can't remove the base because it is trapped by the handle. Here's a picture:

upA2k.jpg

And here's the underside of the handle:

z1GF6.jpg

The piece right under the handle should unscrew if there's no set screws. (Not the retainer escutcheon that sets on the sink/counter top)

That looks like a Brizo Trevi Cross Chrome widespread bath faucet. If you call their customer service @ 1-877-345-2749, they may be able to help you with warranty and installation instructions for the repair parts. The Brizo Trevi kitchen faucet has handles that pull straight up, but are very difficult to remove after they have been on for a few years. I found through dealings with their tech support that there are two possible handle types.
Call Brizo to be sure.

Last edited:
I do believe those handles do just snap on. I think there is a plastic retainer with fingers that hold the handle.

Latest posts

Back