how to install IonTech faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boffin5

Reaction score
Hi, I have an IonTech alkaline ionizer faucet. Underneath it has a long threaded barrel. A barb fitting is supposed to go into the bottom of the barrel, but it wasn't included, and the distributor says it is no longer available. I would like to screw on a barb connector fitting, but can't determine the thread size. The O.D. of the threads is 0.503", and the pitch is very fine, approximately 25 threads per inch. Can someone tell me what the thread size is? If I can't get a barb fitting with a female threaded end, my last resort is to get a smaller end barb fitting, turn it down on a lathe, and weld it to the faucet barrel.

That's jolly funny, but here's the problem: NPT thread 1/2 has an OD of 0.84", and a thread pitch of 14. The closest NPT thread OD is 35/64, which has an OD of 0.54". Actually, the faucet barrel thread size may be Unified Extra Fine, with an OD of 0.50" and a pitch of 28 threads per inch. But does any company make a female fitting with a barb end in that thread size?

JK but seriously can you clarify.
Looks like you did your research.

Are you sure you need a barbed fitting adapter

I looked up a short video on Ion Tech alkaline faucet and found this
are you referring to the same barrel as shown in this video. Looks like a common 3/8" compression supply gets connected to it

I was bored this early morning so I tried looking for a chart with specs on compression fittings but couldn't find what I needed.
so I grabbed stop valve from my service truck and measured the 3/8 compression outlet end of it.

OD is slightly larger then 1/2" and the thread count is 24.

I was bored this early morning so I tried looking for a chart with specs on compression fittings but couldn't find what I needed.
so I grabbed stop valve from my service truck and measured the 3/8 compression outlet end of it.

OD is slightly larger then 1/2" and the thread count is 24.

yeah butt, in another post, you said it was 1/2'' and 25 threads.
so whats up David, were you tell a fip then or are you telling a mip now?
I mean like is that 25th thread the starting thread? a whole tread all the way around?
are you sure it is not 24 and 1/2 threads????
HUH ? HUH? HUH? come on man,

yeah butt, in another post, you said it was 1/2'' and 25 threads.
so whats up David, were you tell a fip then or are you telling a mip now?
I mean like is that 25th thread the starting thread? a whole tread all the way around?
are you sure it is not 24 and 1/2 threads????
HUH ? HUH? HUH? come on man,

View attachment 18021

:):oops::):rolleyes::)o_O:):confused::);)

I was being a bit sarcastic on the 1st replay. Seemed he already had that info.

" The O.D. of the threads is 0.503", and the pitch is very fine, approximately 25 threads per inch."

I had no idea what an Ion tech faucet was until I watched the video.

That's jolly funny, but here's the problem: NPT thread 1/2 has an OD of 0.84", and a thread pitch of 14. The closest NPT thread OD is 35/64, which has an OD of 0.54". Actually, the faucet barrel thread size may be Unified Extra Fine, with an OD of 0.50" and a pitch of 28 threads per inch. But does any company make a female fitting with a barb end in that thread size?

you are looking for the wrong type of fitting. NPT is not what you need.

Conclusion of the IonTech saga - After consulting with a number of plumbing experts, the message was that the threads were proprietary with the Chinese company that made the unit. The parts necessary for installation were not included, and the distributor said that it was due to poor performance. But they neglected to include parts that would work. Bottom line is that they are selling faucets that cannot be installed. But I am persistent, and I had a brass barb fitting turned down so it would fit in the barrel, and I silver soldered it in. It is now working fine, but this was not a happy experience.

Latest posts

Back