How to get handle of AXOR off

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elgrandeperroco

Reaction score
I don't have the exact model, but it looks exactly like this. I need to repair the pushbuttons, they pop off. I know under the escucheon you can pop off
the plastic cage that the button slides onto, but I think I can just "adjust" the button. But mine does NOT have a hole for a 2mm hexkey that I've seen
on other models, I've seen older models on assembly where you just have the therm control at 12 o'clock, and slide it on, but no mention how to get the
handle off. I can't believe they made it with a one way lock.

I have the same AXOR for the shower and it does have the hole for the 2mm hexkey.
1708194636632.png

Attachments

• handle1.jpg
    handle1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
I found a manual that is closer to what I have, the handle does describe the set screw. But it is written in international pictures (no words), so I can seem to figure it out. It is attached. Do I have to heat something up?

Attachments

• handle2.jpg
    handle2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
Those instructions are clear as mud...have you tried pushing the button in and pulling?

I take a pair of channelocks and grab it and break it off then call them and raise hell for them to send me all new trim and a cartridge for free.

Then I’d crack some beers and wait for ups to show up

Yeah, button on top, press button pull. I pulled pretty hard, but I don't want to use anything that would mar the finish. I'll try some plastic "spugers" next time.

I got it off, with the plastic lever. Yeah, just a plastic compression ring holding it on, I know
why they went with the 2mm set screw in later models.

thanks.

Latest posts

Back