How to find the leak or blockage?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryoo1257

Reaction score
I have an automatic sprinkler system set on a timer for 7 zones. I noticed that no water is coming out of 4 sprinklers. Question is how do I find the blockage or leak? Would there be areas where the ground is sinking? or do I have to just dig up in the areas where water is not coming out of the affected sprinklers?

Are the four heads the only ones on that zone? If it's on I timer I would assume you have a index valve. They sometimes skip a zone and need rebuilding. Or it could be a simple as plugged heads.

John

I have a similar set up and occasionally crud will get wedged in the sprinkler head. Unscrew the head and if water shoots out, this will be your problem as well.

Are the four heads the only ones on that zone? If it's on I timer I would assume you have a index valve. They sometimes skip a zone and need rebuilding. Or it could be a simple as plugged heads.

John

The problem is that I have no idea which zone it belongs to. It could be one of three. I thought that I had them all running and checked the heads. Maybe I will check again.

Back