How to emptying water from drain pan under washing machine?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was under the impression we were talking about the water inlet.

seems we are discussing the drain.

IF...it is logistically possible.

run that drain pan in 1'' pvc outside. is your washer on a outside wall? or in the middle of the house?

Ooo No I'm talking about drain . It is beside bathroom , on carpet !! and we are in third floor.

outside wall? or in the middle of the house?

No, In the middle of the house.So it is not possible to cap off the hole and place 1'' pvc outside.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your answers. I will think about it and will decide get a Vac or Pump or nothing :D Since this Haier WD-5470-09 PUMP Pump water 5 gallons per minutes , a 500 GPH water pump(like this Active Aqua, AAPW1000 1000-GPH can handle and prevent from overflowing of water from drain pan!?

just one thing: I'm curious , In washing machine if its drain pump get damaged , water will leak or it discharge all water? when all water will come out of tube of washing machine?

* If all water come of the tube only when drain hose come off , so with turning off the washing machine , drain pump will stop pumping and I won't face any overflowing
otherwise in other circumstance if 7-8 gallons come out , It is a MUST to buy or choose one of those expensive ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a plumber just do a lot of my own home repair. I'm really with frodo on this one. The root of the problem needs to be addressed. You need to fix the hose/fitting that it's connected to so you can be sure that the problem won't happen again. You're willing to spend several hundred dollars on the pump and drain pan but what about replacing the washing machine or in the very least replace everything from the drain pump to the drain hose along with the fittings along the way. You shouldn't need to rig up some complicated contraption to pump the water out if/when your washing machine floods your house. Just my 2 cents.

Back