How to connect 3/4'' to 16mm pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

System64

Reaction score
Hey, I have a solenoid valve with 3/4'' male threadings and I need to connect it with 16mm tubing. Do you have any connectors to recommend? Because I don't really understand how to do it. I found a connector for underfloor heating that seems to be perfect (3/4'' female threading with 16mm pipe connector on the other side) but it's for underfloor heating and not irrigation, which is what the project I'm working on is about.

Solenoid: robotics-3d.com/accessori/7911-elettrovalvola-12-vdc.html
Pipe: leroymerlin.it/prodotti/giardino-e-terrazzo/microirrigazione/tubi-per-irrigazione-a-goccia/tubo-100-mt-in-polietilene-ala-gocciolante-16-passo-20-a-goccia-irrigazione-orto-continua-83964760.html?src=clk
Connector: amazon.it/connettore-riscaldamento-pavimento-pert-al-pert-pex-al-%20pex/dp/B077TNYC87/ref=sr_1_3?%20%20mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=241N9Q8CMNEP2

In North America, we don't have transition fittings like that readily available, sorry.

We did some work in a clean room at work some of the piping was from England the guy who ran the lab was able to get transition fitting I don't remember how he did it, maybe call the pipe/ fitting manufacturer and see what they can do

Irrigation or heating, water is water, no? Radiant heating seems to run around 20PSI, so that adapter you found should work fine, and I'd be surprised if your valve can withstand more than that. You are trying to build your own micro-irrigation system?

Irrigation or heating, water is water, no? Radiant heating seems to run around 20PSI, so that adapter you found should work fine, and I'd be surprised if your valve can withstand more than that. You are trying to build your own micro-irrigation system?
Correct. The max pressure would be 3 PSI, so way below radiant heating. Just wanted to be 100% sure.

I would use a good piece of rubber hose with 2 clamps on both ends!

I would use a good piece of rubber hose with 2 clamps on both ends!
Yeah, barbed hose fittings and optional(?) clamps should work. 16mm ID is about 5/8", and 5/8 barbed to 3/4" like McMaster-Carr should work just fine, hopefully there's an Italian equivalent to McMaster-Carr, or you can find something on Amazon.it

Push-lock fittings might also work, but I've had pretty poor results with them, so I'd do barbed...

there are transition fitting from imperial to metric , I have used them . they are like gold . I had a lot of customers that would import stuff from Europe .

That was my first thought also...

Note that the OP has (in mind?) solenoids with male 3/4" connectors, I can't tell if they are NPT or BSP (aka G3/4), so he probably wants to nail down the details and get some samples in to make sure everything fits. I'm not finding 3/4" FEMALE to 16mm (5/8") barbed on Amazon, but it must be in there somewhere. 8*)

Note that the OP has (in mind?) solenoids with male 3/4" connectors, I can't tell if they are NPT or BSP (aka G3/4), so he probably wants to nail down the details and get some samples in to make sure everything fits. I'm not finding 3/4" FEMALE to 16mm (5/8") barbed on Amazon, but it must be in there somewhere. 8*)
There's a sort of obfuscated link in my post above--click here...

DK LoK probably has the fitting on their shelf ready to ship out today.

That's exactly the issue. I've found one but it's for underfloor heating, and I don't know if that's gonna be fine to connect to a polyethylene tube

That's exactly the issue. I've found one but it's for underfloor heating, and I don't know if that's gonna be fine to connect to a polyethylene tube
You also don't know if it's G (aka BSP parallel), BSP Tapered, NPT, or something else. I'd suggest you get one of each and try it, but the adapter seems to be out of stock.

Latest posts

Back