How fix kitchen tap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huon

Reaction score
My kitchen tap is leaking and I want to replace the washer. Unfortunately I can't work out how to remove the tap.
Should it just lift straight off; or unscrew or ?
Photos attached. The thread on the spindle at the top of the tap is for the cap.
Huon

KitchenSink.jpg

KItchenTap.jpg

Is that a local brand fixture? "Made in Australia" I have never seen that one before. Can't really see the head of the spindle, but if it had cap cover then I would guess that removing the cap is the first step in removing the handle.

Can you see any splines down in the cavity of the handle? maybe it does pull off . might need a handle puller.

You have a manufacture name? maybe something on the valve body under the sink

Yes i agree, once you take off cap is there an grub screw to remove with a small allen key??

With the puller tool I was able to remove the handle of the hot water tap. The cold water tap handle is resisting - so I'll add more WD40 and try again tomorrow.
Thank-you for your advice.

So they do pull upward.
Could you post a picture of the handle off. I would like to see it. Thanks

and the stem if possible

Hello
I've attached a picture of the tap with handle removed.
The hot water handle came off relatively easily with the puller.
On the cold water tap the spindle off the puller kept slipping off, so I drilled a seating hole in the top of the stem - which can be seen in the attached photo.
I don't have a photo of the stem, and I'm reluctant to pull it apart.
I've also attached several photos of the laundry tap - different style, but the handle just pulls off (easily) after removing the retaining screw.

Thanks again for getting me going on the right direction.

TapA.jpg

TapB1.jpg

TapB2.jpg

TapB3.jpg

TapB4.jpg

TapB5.jpg

Back