How do I remove this cartridge?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either with some sort of spanner in those two notches, the wrench flats, or both....didn't know Walt Disney made shower valves 😆

If you look carefully there are #s, in the valve at about 12 o'clock I can't see them all but maybe you can, bet that notched/knurled peice threads off kind of similar to a valve
In my area

I tried to do some photo enhancement to better read the numbers at the 12 o'clock position. Best I could get is:
W????55220?
I'll let the OP get the complete number.

Got the circle piece off but cant get valve out. Is there a tool I need? Wk304552204 is the number on valve.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a plumber, and I'm NOT saying this is the same valve. But it sure looks similar to what's shown in your photos.

I found this valve core on Amazon:

The circular collar, which you've already removed, looks as though that's all that retains the core inside the valve body, except possibly this threaded hole marked with the "?" in the image below. That looks like it would be a set-screw to ensure the valve core can't rotate inside the valve body. Does yours have anything like that?

Other than that set screw, it's only the rubber O-rings holding the core in. If you re-attach the handle to the valve, can you now just pull it straight out?

It looks like the straight-edged shoulders (red lines) are there so you can turn the whole valve core with a wrench, just for alignment to get the set screw properly aligned with threaded (?) hole.

Wadda ya think?

Valve.jpg

Why was my link to Amazon removed?

Trying again... amazon.com/Copper-Thermostatic-Faucet-Cartridge-Temperature/dp/B018VWU6TS/

Disclaimer: I am NOT a plumber, and I'm NOT saying this is the same valve. But it sure looks similar to what's shown in your photos.

I found this valve core on Amazon:

The circular collar, which you've already removed, looks as though that's all that retains the core inside the valve body, except possibly this threaded hole marked with the "?" in the image below. That looks like it would be a set-screw to ensure the valve core can't rotate inside the valve body. Does yours have anything like that?

Other than that set screw, it's only the rubber O-rings holding the core in. If you re-attach the handle to the valve, can you now just pull it straight out?

It looks like the straight-edged shoulders (red lines) are there so you can turn the whole valve core with a wrench, just for alignment to get the set screw properly aligned with threaded (?) hole.

Wadda ya think?

View attachment 44776
That is it .

Back