How do I fix this?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipsaw

Reaction score
Hello All,

Situation as follows: I went to unscrew the tip from my guest bath faucet since I have to hook up a fitting in order to do water changes easily for my aquarium. As I went to try and unscrew the faucet tip it wouldn't budge for whatever reason. I grabbed a pair of pliers and tried to get it off that way, but as I was using more and more strength eventually the faucet tip with the fitting it was attached to came off. I eventually, using a vice grip and pliers was able to get the two fittings a part. I tried to attach the piece back to the copper pipe in the faucet fixture itself but it wouldn't go back on. Needless to say, I had to change my aquarium water the old fashion way and now I need to know how to fix my guest bath faucet.

Picture attachments are of the two fittings, the silver one of course being the tip and you can see the scratch marks from using pliers to take it off and one of the inside of the faucet itself to see if seeing that helps with the evaluation.

I hope this is a simple fix!

Thank You!

20180128_142024.jpg

20180128_142034.jpg

20180128_142040.jpg

replace the whole faucet? :eek: or the fittings? (complete newb to plumbing)

wow impressive. welp, at least I can get something better I suppose. i appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back